Wow. I guess I am actually really joining the blogging world. I am going to give my review on “I Miss You” (2012) Why? Because it was the last show I finished so all my feels are are fresh and I have to start somewhere. So there ya go.
I Miss You (2012)
Starring: Park Yoochun, Yoon Eunhye, Yoo Seungho
Synopsis: 15-year-old Soo Yeon (Kim So Hyun) is a victim of bullying at school. They target her, because her father is a murderer. Soo Yeon has an ally in Jung Woo (Yeo Jin Ku), who always protects her from the bullies. Soo Yeon and Jung Woo are in love, but due to an unexpected accident they become separated. Now as adults they meet again through destiny. Jung Woo (Park Yoo Chun) is now a detective and his first love has always remained in the back of his mind. Soo Yeon (Yoon Eun Hye) is now a rookie fashion designer who tries to have a bright personality, but still carries emotional scars inside of her. Hyung Joon (Yoo Seung Ho) is Soo Yeon’s lover, who appears warm and nice, but he will try to take vengeance upon Jung Woo. Source:http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/5364/i-miss-you (Yes, I know. Stealing a Synopsis. But you really don’t want my synopsis of this show..there would be swearing.)
1-Line Review: Slowest. Trainwreck.Ever
Review: For some reason I am not able to write a coherent review on this show. So I will break it down into bullet points. And pray the next show allows me some semblance of looking like I know what I am doing.
- I HATE HARRY! There I said it. (I don’t hate Yoo Seungho so put down the bricks) Harry was such a controlling dbag from the beginning of the adulkt arc I had no sympathy for him. Ever. Just. No. Zero. I don’t care how dreamy his eyes were. His ending I also felt was kinda wussy. It was like the directors and writers didn’t want to go as dark as they wanted so they kinda just fudged it and went POOF! HE REMEMBERS NOTHING. SO YOU CANT BE MAD AT HIM! THE END!
- My emotional connection to the show died in Ep. 6. In a show that was tailored to make you cry.(It wanted you to cry. ALL. THE. TIME.) I only got misty-eyed twice. Once when Dect. Kim freaked out on that guy after Soyeon was raped and when Soyeon’s mother offered dinner to the Cleaning lady. Other than that, no tears. A lot of eyerolling but no tears.
- The acting was overall solid. I was impressed by Yoochun. He has been becoming a stronger actor and I enjoy his acting. Jungwoo provided a lot of my anchor to the show because he was kinda the glue that kept everyone together.
- Child!Eunjoo was awesome. I kinda wished her awesome carried more into her adult ver. but oh well. And I wanted Eunjoo and Jangmyung to hook up.
- I didn’t buy into Soyeon’s pain overly much since it was so overwrought. I just couldnt connect to her. (even though I love Yoon Eunhye) I just..If had shown more backbone I may have been more on her side.
- I did enjoy the found-family aspect of the show. That was really sweet.
- I kinda suck at this reviewing thing. Lol.
- I swear there needs to be a drinking game for every time someone says Han,Tae.Joon. But then I think you would just end up with alcohol poisoning.
- The ending was so random. I did not expect a happy ending. And for how bloodthristy the show was the end had a very low body count. (Although there was bonus amnesia)
Final Thoughts: Overall this show was not the worst thing I have seen. It did teach me that I do not do well with Melo. I get frustrated and spend a lot of time wanting to throw things. I don’t regret watching it although at times I felt like I should feel that way.
My Rating: 4/10
Rewatch Value: Never. Unless there was booze involved. And then maybe.
Tears shed: Like 3? I got misty-eyed but no crying.
Will I miss this show? No. Although now I really wanna just walk up behind people and go HAN.TAE.JOON.
Twitches Developed: Will now twitch when ever I hear that sound of someone walking with a cane.
Windows of Angst and PAIN: Enough for all the main characters to stand behind and emote.